Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
If you love squash, in fact even if you don't: you'll Love this!
Write a review
- 1 med. butternut squash ( about 2 cups)
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 4-8 sage leaves
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, chicken broth, or water
- 1/4 diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- optional 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional parsley and chive for garnish
- 12 to 16 oz. of pasta
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Salt water and add the squash. Cook until soft.
- While squash is cooking saute onions and garlic till soft. add sage stir.
- Add broth or water to pan, stir.
- When squash is done strain and add to blender or use hand held submersible blender.
- Add broth mixture to squash over low heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Serve over pasta with optional garnish
Growin Crazy Acres https://growincrazyacres.com/